Sorry Rev. Jackson

Thursday, July 10, 2008

*SIGH* Rev. Jackson, please sit down. I mean, really. Please stop talking about how you're supporting Barak Obama's campaign but then turn around and say something so crass during an interview break (of all places - FOX NEWS!?!?!), when you thought no one was listening. I wish he would quit thinking so little of Black people. I personally do not know of any Black person (whether its a blue or white collar worker, or middle class or rich) who believes the lie that Obama "talks down" to them. This is not to say that every black person agrees with every single comment or position of Senator Obama, but I certainly don't know of any who feel belittled by him.



Could Rev. Jackson really be insinuating that the Black community is not ready to, or capable of, having a real and thorough conversation about the issues that persistently and adversely affects the community? And, by thorough conversation I mean a conversation that goes beyond a discussion of racism, both past and present, but a real dialogue about the ways in which WE self-sabotage. Could it be jealously? Is he afraid that he might not be considered relevant anymore? Give us some credit, Mr. Jackson. I don't hear too many Black folk protesting the comments made in Senator Obama's speeches. I guess that's because we make the very same comments in our private conversations. We have to do better. And guess what, its OK to say it on a national stage.



Ordinarily, I am overly deferential to my elders, but this type of nonsense needs to stop. I am thoroughly disappointed and disgusted with Jesse Jackson. . . . .Just when I thought we were getting over that crabs in barrel mentality.

0 comments: to “ Sorry Rev. Jackson so far...