TV

Sunday, July 13, 2008

OK, I'll admit it . . .I Love TV. I always have, and I always will. I am not a couch potato, nor am I illiterate. In fact, I love to read, and I read all day. With that said . . .I just wish there were more scripted shows that would survive more than three seasons. I still kind of like reality television too. I mean, most of it is garbage (i.e. Living Lohan), and the original - The Real World- is so formulaic its hard to watch (actually, its just plain disappointing b/c they used to have interesting people on the show). Nevertheless, there are some good ones out there.

In my opinion, you have a good reality show when you have interesting (or *special*) and talented people doing what they do best, i.e. Project Runway. Then, there are the shows that show the most outrageous, off the wall behavior, and straight nuttiness, i.e. Bridezilla. Part of my Sunday afternoon ritual is to catch up on some reality TV, namely Bridezilla. That show is straight crazy, and I LOVE IT! I mean, where do they find those people. I imagine planning a wedding takes up alot of your time and money, but I have never personally met anyone who did a complete transformation at the moment they became engaged. While watching the show I usually think "what would I do if I was a bridesmaid for a bridezilla?" Answer: Break out. That's right, I don't care if it was a family member, friend since first grade, etc. I don't have the energy for the nuttiness - I just love to watch it go down from the comfort of my living room! I also wonder, when I get engaged will I turn into an impossible, selfish, insecure, nut job? I like things done right and promptly, and I am a planner and list maker - - -that's why a destination wedding sounds like the best option. That way I can remain the sweet, sane, and stable person my family and friends know me to be, and save $$$. Reality TV can make you think!?!?

Some of my favorites are: Project Runway, America's Next Top Model (I so look forward to Tyra's "Deer in the headlights" stare before announcing who gets the boot), Bridezillas, and Flipping Out (I love Jeff Lewis's crazy behind! That is the nuttiest man on reality TV, for real).

At the end of the day I want more good shows like Law & Order (except Criminal Intent), Grey's Anatomy, The Office, etc to come back on with full seasons - with no interruptions during the season for stupid specials.

0 comments: to “ TV so far...