The Good Ol' GOP

Thursday, September 4, 2008

This week has been a super busy week due to the Monday off, and because I'm going on vacation next week, so I've been working at a feverish pace all this week. I've been getting home after 8pm, closer to 9pm, but I thought I should watch some of the RNC. It was tough. When I'm exhausted I just want to take a shower and relax. The last thing I want to do is get all riled up and angry by stupid speeches at the RNC. I almost missed Sarah Palin's diatribe, because when I got home guess who was on the tube? Good ol' Rudy Guliani . . .my former mayor! He's the reason I missed half of her talk because I had to turn away. "Why?" you ask . . . because the very site of him, to borrow the words of Gayle King (XM Radio listenenr), makes me want to gnash my teeth to powder. I really can't stand him. Seriously.

Getting back to Sarah for moment . . . . this lady actually had the unmitigated gall to sneeze at the work of community organizers. I'm mean, really Sarah? Thank God for community organizers like Martin Luther King Jr., César Chávez, Susan B. Anthony, Stokely Carmichael, Mary Harriman, Fannie Lou Hamer, etc

OK, I'm getting tired now, so I'll end with this . . .before I lay my head down I'll pray that folks wake up and stop believing the Republican rhetoric that they are all about family values, that their in the moral majority, blah, blah.and that to be liberal is to be anti-Christian. The hypocrisy makes me ill. I mean, they trotted out any woman that Bill Clinton so much as winked at, and both Guliani and McCain are married to their former mistress'!?!?!? . . . .OK that was a little catty and I should have kept it to their stance on issues like poverty, starting a war under false pretenses, etc. etc . . .but oh well, I'm tired. I'll let Jon Stewart speak for me tonight.

0 comments: to “ The Good Ol' GOP so far...