Labor Day (or lack thereof . . .)

Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm not laboring on this Labor Day. I've been looking forward to this Monday off for about four weeks now. There is nothing I love more than having Monday off. Of course, at my job that will probably mean a super busy, super stressful, rest of the week, but I'm OK because when I leave the office on Friday those folks won't see or hear from me for TWO WEEKS. Yes, indeed, Brainy Brown Girl NYC is going on vacation and I can't wait!!!! For the first week I will be in Italy, and the second week I will be doing whatever I feel like doing in my city and some stuff around my apartment, but still taking it easy.

But getting back to this wonderful day off . . . .Truly, my whole disposition and outlook on life changes when I know I'll have a Monday off. Maybe its because I don't experience the Sunday afternoon depression that I usually go through, maybe its because I know I'm not fulfilled in my career and I'm about to start another 50+ hour week of misery. I don't know . . .I don't have a problem with hard work or working hard. Its just that my current job just takes so much energy out of me, and I believe that when you are doing what you are gifted to do, the long hours aren't so bad and somehow the hard work doesn't feel so hard. I don't just want some corporate job where I make a good salary and afford to buy stuff. I believe I can have a fulfilling career in corporate America, its just not gonna happen where I am now. I'm open to somthing new. I'm still open to learning and earning all I can in corporate america now, so that I can work for myself later. What I know for sure is that God has plan for me and I just need to have an ear to hear, to be patient, and to be prepared for whatever comes my way.

I need to throw on some clothes. The only thing I want to do today is run to Home Depot for paint (but I'm not painting today, I just want it ready for when I do), fold up laundrey, draft another version of my resume, read my O magazines (I'm so behind in my magazine reading)and watch the last DVD of the Tudors (yes, the Showtime series. I don't have the Showtime package and I rented the first disk one day when there was nothing else to rent, the weather was terrible, and I LOVE history - so I though I'd check it out. In any case, its a decent enough show and you can't just watch three episodes!)

0 comments: to “ Labor Day (or lack thereof . . .) so far...