Confession #1

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I have a sweet tooth. Not candy per we. . . Sure I love the occasional Snickers bar, Reese's butter cup, or a Jolly Rancher . . .but my real love is more dessert like. What I mean is I love cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pies, the occasional crime burly, crepes with nutella chocolate, etc and not so much the fancy stuff at fancy restaurants. For example, one of my favorite desserts of all time is the Warm nut brownie with vanilla ice cream drizzled in caramel sauce offered at Houstons. I don't go to Houstons often, so thankfully I'm not under temptation often. Its simple and simply delicious. I've been to more upscale restaurants (like maybe three times in my life) where the food was excellent, but the dessert was just OK. In any case, a co-worker brought in these Apple Cider donuts that she bought from one of the city's traveling famer markets today. I can't think of a better way to express how I feel right now, so I'll just say it plainly. . . .That donut was the BEST donut I have ever eaten in my life! I don't know the last time I've had a fresh home made donut. When I finished I had to say "Thank you Jesus" as in thank you for apples, brown sugar and whatever else used to make the donuts, and thank you for the hands who made them". They were that good.

I was really close to asking my co-worker where she got them. But I know better. If I knew where I could find them, it would become apart of my routine, I would be hooked. I have a pretty strong will, but when it comes to dessert, its really hard. I limit myself to once a week, usually on the weekend. I eat relatively healthy otherwise, I love my fruits and veggies, and I exercise, and I find I can still achieve results if I cheat just a little bit once a week. Here's another example of my problem - The Mrs. Field's I have to pass on the way home has a 5 for $5 cookie special. When I discovered that, trips to Mrs. Fields became a part of my routine - at least once a week. When I noticed I wasn't losing weight, and in fact, picking up a pound or two, I got my act together quickly. My cookie trips were counterproductive to the 10-12lbs I want to lose in order to get back to my college weight.

I thought I should post this as it was fresh in my mind, even though I'm busy as I don't what. . .and why not keep a log of good memories!.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments: to “ Confession #1 so far...

  •  

    Wow, I want everything that you talked about in this post. I have quite the sweet tooth myself. I'm wondering how those donuts would taste warm with ice cream on top. Mmmmmm!

  •  

    Whoa! I didn't even think about ice cream with the donuts. That probably would be delicious!

  •  

    Ok now I'm hungry! I have had the hardest time training myself to eat right and exercise and have been bouncing back and forth in my weight only to stay at the same size. I am doing better right now though and even more mindful or effects from food on skin and hair so I'm also going natural with help from indigoferabeauty.blogspot.com