Tea Does the Mind Good

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Your Greatest strength is love and Your Greatness is not what you have, it's what you give . . .at least, that what Yogi told me. Everyday, I have my coffee in the morning and at least two cups of tea, mid-morning and afternoon. Every single day I drink a cup of green tea courtesy of Ito-En, by way of Kirkland, (as in Costco's Kirkland). It is by far, one of the best green teas you can buy. My second tea varies, it might be a cranberry tea, English breakfast tea, a "Get Gorgeous" tea, or a Yogi tea. Recently, I bought a box of Yogi tea since it was on sale. In fact, I usually only buy that tea when it goes on sale. Anyway, I have the Green Tea for weightloss and it's quite delicious! However, besides its delicious taste I love the inspirational messages on the little paper attached to the teabag. I got the two aforementioned messages from Yogi tea in one week. My initial thought was "Aw, isn't that nice . . . .I think I'll keep that".

Then I got to thinking . . . I should probably try to implement that in my life, for real. I always say I love everyone, but I do not necessarily like everyone. I'm thinking I need to do a better job at looking at everyone from a place of love. For example, do I have a capacity to love those who annoy me, or people I deem superficial, or fake, or lazy, or materialistic, or whatever else we all judge people for? Going forward I want to do exactly that, to love them inspite of all of that, to try to understand where they are coming from, to remember we all have a story. Even though I mind my business, treat people with respect, and do not have any enemies (not that I know of, at least:), I know I must do better. I want love and respect like everyone else, so I need to consistently give it.

The second message was little easier for me to grasp, in fact I'm looking forward to putting it into practice. See, I have no problem paying my tithes in offerings. Its something I learned at a young age. One of my biggest goals, one that's dear to my heart, it to one day 1) endow a scholarship(s) and 2) to set aside a sizeable chunk of money every year for various causes and organizations. I do need to work on giving of myself and my time. My time is so precious to me and I hate to waste it, and I hate others to waste it. I'm also, on a continual search to discover my God given gifts, talents, and purpose. I want to be able to share those with others. I know I'm a good listener, so I should start there. . . to lend my ear more. Its not much, but its a start.

Its amazing what a couble of cups of tea could teach you!

0 comments: to “ Tea Does the Mind Good so far...